Total Pageviews

Thursday 3 January 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!

Today, I had my 15th round of chemo. I now have 3 more to go. I am sure beat up but have enough gas left in the tank to get through the next few weeks. The chemo has given me a few new side effects over the last few weeks. I have a bit of a rash on my face and tingly feet. These are common and not suprising to the Cancer Care team. My hair is growing back, but is definately white. It may/may not get color again once I am done chemo. It also looks like it may have a bit of curl to it. Will share a recent pic again one day soon.

We enjoyed the holliday season and were lucky to enjoy a few nice visits with some great friends. New years was quiet, we spent the night at Amanda and Wes's place and had a nice dinner together.
 It was nice to say goodbye to 2012 and welcome a brand new year. Our family is full of optimism and hope that 2013 will be a year full of good health, happy days and a new appreciation for every day.

We have continued working at our party and will let you know the details very soon.
I will be in touch after the next round of chemo. The countdown is on! 3-2-1 wohoooo.

Thats all for now,
Keepin you in the loop-Donna

3 comments:

  1. Great to read your update Donna. So glad to see you will soon be over the chemo. I will continue to keep you in my prayers during this last home stretch. We are hoping to be in Brandon, Rebecca included, on the weekend of January 18th. If you are feeling well enough we would love to introduce you to "Becca". We will touch base closer to the date. I can't wait to see your new hair colour - I am such a fan of snow white :).
    Guy and Cynthia xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it's 2-1

    xo T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your update is always great. So glad to hear your Christmas day was wonderful and to have many more.
    Here's to 2013 for good health and happy days.
    Thinking of you always.
    Chuck & Judy

    ReplyDelete