Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Delay...

This last weekend was a nice weekend spent at the lake with the kids. We did manage to get out in the boat. It even ran! We enjoyed the water as well as the sunshine:)

We have had lots of visits from friends as well as phone calls. I have sure enjoyed the visits as I am now in a strong, positive place! I am happy to be getting a bit of a social life going again, as we all know I am a bit of a social butterfly.

Kelly and I spent the afternoon today with the dietician, social worker, and doctors at Cancer Care here in Brandon. We are happy to have caring, professional people on our team.

Unfortunately, we did learn of a bit of a delay! I was supposed to start chemo tomorrow, but now, I will have a port put in on Thursday, and start chemo Friday. I have to admit, I am quite frusterated about this.

One of the things I am looking forward to, is that they tell me chemo will shring my belly. I am happy to say my six pack will be returning within the next week.

I am proud of my Kelly, who I have nicknamed #1 Wingman, as he plans to enjoy his last cigar before I start chemo on Friday. He has been practicing quitting by smoking his ecigarette wherever he pleases.

So, within a few days, chemo will be underway (Pleaaaaaaaase no more delays!!!) and we will keep you in the loop with any further developments.

From, Donna

7 comments:

  1. So proud of you!! its so nice to hear your humor in all the blogs, makes me smile!! see u soon xoxo
    Jamie and Jamie Lyon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of u Donna and praying for no delays. Keep strong my friend, love to u all. Jo and Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No more blue whales for Donna, no more cigars for Kelly ... sounds fair AND healthy! xo, Karen C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, Continually thinking of you & your family....Delays are finally done. I gave Donnie that hug for you & he sends a big hug back to you...& said "of course she is always thinking of everyone else". Our love goes out to you as tomorrow will be a new experience for you all. XOXOXO Ricki & Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our thoughts and prayers are with you always Donna. I am just a phone call away if you want to call. Love & Hugs
    Joan and Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. sending positive thoughts & strength....big HUGS!!

    TL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stay strong Donna. Thinking good thoughts for you, Kelly and your family and wishing you the best. Paul & Lori G.

    ReplyDelete