Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 June 2012

Hi everyone.

Waiting on the chemo start date has sure been tough on us all, but we have managed getting through each day by being together and spending time with some wonderful people.

Last week, we met with the Cancer Care Navigator. Kelly and I are feeling more comfortable with the system after that meeting. I was thankful to have my Aunt there with me for this. She is a wonderful lady and has been victorious in her own battle with cancer. Pretty inspiring.

Over the last week, my abdomen has filled up with fluid again so Kelly and I went to the doctor today to have it drained. While waiting, we were asked when we were due with our baby. It caught us a bit off guard, but we have to laugh at it now but it paints a picture of exactly how full my belly was. The doctors drained my abdomen and took off 4 litres of fluid. I am feeling like a new woman and am now ready to get my bikini on.

Our family will be heading to the lake this weekend and we are hoping to get out in the boat. It still hasnt started yet, but with some help we think we have identified and fixed the problem. Fingers crossed!

Kelly has been a very faithfull wingman to me over these tough weeks. He also has become quite the talented smoothie maker. He has been making me shakes and healthy food as we have learned that cancer hates healthy stuff like fruits, veggies and lots of protein. Unfortunately for me, cancer loves sugar. I guess no more blue wales for me! Some of Kelly's smoothies have to be eaten with a spoon as my Kelly feels that if one scoop of protien is good for me, then 3 scoops must be great. If one avacado is good for me, why not add a second!? I am so thankful to have him.



For now, we are still waiting on the test results from the abdominal fluid the docs took in WPG last week, as this will allow the Brandon Cancer Care people to book my chemo time. We had expected to have heard and had a chemo time booked by now and are hopeful this will happen very soon.

Thanks for the love and support, we will continue to keep you in the loop.

Donna

2 comments:

  1. Donna & kelly....it was wonderful to spend time with both of you while I was home. Have been trying to call but it seems the phone is quite busy! :) I am so encouraged to hear the news and will continue to pray for complete resolution...you are both awesome (as is your family) and so glad to have you as friends.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete